The general Greek as a Foreign Language courses cover all levels of proficiency from A1 through C2 level of the Common European Framework.
The aim of the general Greek as a Foreign Language courses is to develop the necessary skills for adult learners, focusing on oral communication and listening comprehension, but also to enhance the necessary skills in writing and reading comprehension.
Through carefully selected books from international publishers and topics exclusively taken from the professional and everyday life of adults, students cover the full range of language skills.
The courses provide:
- Exclusive use of the Greek language
- Authentic texts for understanding the language in real situations, providing numerous opportunities for group discussion
- Realistic use of the language for effective practice of listening comprehension
- Videos to consolidate the taught phenomena in everyday situations
- Online workbook and e-books for further consolidation and practice
- Projects and simulations based on real cases and situations to practise the language
- Fully interactive lessons to maintain a high level of students’ participation
- Cultural and social elements of the lifestyle of Greeks for deeper understanding of how the language is used
The adult courses are designed according to the students’ level and can be short or all-year-round, depending on the students’ personal needs and availability.
Our teachers and Academic Directors can help you choose the language course most suitable for your needs, as well as to help you decide on the preferred learning mode (group or one-to-one teaching, blended learning or online learning).
Exam Preparation Courses for the Examinations for Attainment in Modern Greek conducted by the Greek Language Centre.
These courses offer students the opportunity to prepare for the locally recognised language exams and their main aim is to cover all necessary skills and techniques required for successfully dealing with the different parts of the exam.
The syllabus content is adult-orientated, focusing on the adult language learners’ needs for quick and immediate familiarisation with the exam format and the language skills required to successfully pass an examination.
The Certificate of Attainment in Greek:
- provides any user of Greek with an expert and objective opinion regarding the level of their knowledge and language skills
- serves as proof of the successful candidate’s level of attainment in Greek in the work market
- is a requirement for the practice of various professions in Greece
- allows citizens of European Union member states to participate in the examination of the Supreme Council of Personnel Selection (ΑΣΕΠ) for civil service positions (The Supreme Council specifies the required level of certificate in every announcement)
- at Level B2 allows foreigners to register at a Greek institution of higher education, in case they do not have a Greek secondary education certificate (M.R. 152/Β6/1504/30-5-2001 – Official Government Gazette 659 vol.Β΄)
- at Level C2 allows citizens of European Union member states to prove complete knowledge and fluent use of the Greek language and thus be employed in a Greek institution of higher education.
The exam prep course can be chosen in addition to a General Greek as a Foreign Language course or as standalone programme, providing flexibility to those wishing to attend such a course.
Apart from improving general language competency and systematic preparation of all skills required for the Greek language examination, all exam prep classes include:
- Tailored programme to suit the skills required for internationally recognised language examinations
All exam prep classes are taught by qualified teachers with extensive experience in teaching Greek as a Foreign Language as well as in Greek language examinations. Our Exam prep teachers:
– Have all the necessary qualifications to teach Greek as a Foreign Language
– Have excellent knowledge of the exam format and the necessary skills needed to succeed
The exam prep groups are constantly monitored by the Academic Directors to ensure that our high-standards of teaching are maintained, making students achieve their full potential.
Working closely with leading examination bodies, we aim to provide the right skills for exam success and familiarise students with the exam procedures.
The Examinations for Attainment in Modern Greek are exclusively administered by the Greek Language Centre which is supervised by the Ministry of Education.
Our highly interactive Greek as a Foreign Language course includes a unique combination of bilingual materials to speed up the learning process.
Bilingualism aims at making it easier for the students to acquire the Greek language using all the necessary structures and expressions that they are able to understand through the language of reference, especially at the beginning of the course. Students, in other words focus on what matters and not on things that take students away from their real goal.
Greek as a Foreign Language
Contact us for more information