German for children aged 4 – 5. This programme is an introduction to German as a foreign language. Through a fun and interactive learning environment the students become familiar with the language using educational materials, adapted to the young age of the students.
Children learn German words through songs, chants and rhymes, through dancing, stories and games. Most activities offer hands-on practice, such as using colours and paints, play-doh or making a fruit salad from various materials, helping them to develop their motor and language skills.
Children learn vocabulary related to their family and their homes, about clothes, shopping, fruit and vegetables, Easter and Christmas. Children also learn the colours, the seasons, parts of the body, animals and the alphabet. Action words are introduced in meaningful sentences. Pupils also learn German traditions and songs.
Children practise all four skills in the language (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
These courses offer pupils the opportunity to revisit the topics mentioned above and enrich their vocabulary with new themes such as family, home and school life, body parts, free time, food. At this age students start to write. They have few homework exercises and practise the newly acquired grammar structures and vocabulary through projects. Songs, poems and games help students learn vocabulary and grammar structures in a fun way.
Our teaching method includes:
- Enriching pupils’ general knowledge by learning about the world around them, through Content & Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Use of both books and e-books
- Use of Information Technology in a safe and monitored online environment
- Specially designed Phonics lessons to help improve pupils’ pronunciation
- A fun, fully-interactive way of teaching
- Educational tools to help children learn the basics in coding and robotics, as well as carrying out problem-solving tasks in German
German for Pre-Teens and Teenagers 9 – 16 years old. Pupils learn the language in a welcoming environment, conducive to learning.
Lessons are carried out in the German language, using materials and books containing contemporary topics, relevant to pupils’ ages. The books we use all come with digital material, accessible both at the school and at home through a secure online platform, safe for use by young learners and teenagers alike. Its content includes an online workbook, educational games, extra activities for additional practice, online tests and many more.
Our programme aims to:
- enrich the learners’ vocabulary
- improve their written and oral communication
- offer a deep understanding of the language
- strengthen learners’ self-confidence
- enrich their general knowledge through specially designed CLIL (Content & Language Integrated Learning) content, based on real life and the real world
- familiarise learners’ with science through inquiry-based learning using STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in German
- develop presentation and public speaking skills (Presentation & Debate Skills) through Projects
Exam Preparation courses for the German Certificates of Goethe Institut.
Pupils at Rethink Education can attend exam preparation courses for the Goethe-Zertifikat administered by the Goethe Institut.
The German Exam preparation courses are for learners who wish:
- To certify their knowledge in German for basic, every day use (Goethe-Zertifikat A1 & A2)
- To certify their ability to communicate both in spoken and written German in a wide range of topics (Goethe-Zertifikat B1 & B2)
- To certify their advanced knowledge in German and their ability to communicate both in spoken and written French in abstract and scientific topics (Goethe-Zertifikat C1 & C2)
All Exam Prep students are highly trained to acquire the necessary language skills needed to succeed in the exams by receiving on-going feedback and advice from our experienced German teachers.
Along with their experience, we make sure that our teaching staff:
- Have an extensive knowledge of language certifications and exam prep skills
- Have excellent knowledge of the German Culture
- Have taught German abroad and they speak other languages
This preparatory course is for students who wish to take the Greek University Entry Exams (Pan-Hellenic Exams) in the German subject and need to improve their level of German, become familiar with the exam content and format and to strengthen the techniques and skills needed for their success.
A minimum B1 level of German in the Common European Framework of Languages is prerequisite in order to attend this course.
Learners at Rethink Education can enroll in short-term courses (either combined with a standard language course or as standalone courses), which cover separately basic skills in the language.
The language skills courses aim at further development and improvement of specific skills, using authentic materials, dependent on the pupils’ learning needs.
Learners can choose one or more of the following Language Skills Courses
- Speaking Booster Class
This course is ideal for learners who would like to practise and develop their speaking skills in realistic situations, using authentic material on topics appropriate for their age.
At exam prep level, students can further familiarise themselves with the format of the speaking exams and practise using the techniques they have acquired through simulation of the speaking examination.
- Listening Booster Class
The course’s primary focus in to develop learners listening comprehension skills as well as to help them acquire those skills needed both in real-life and during the listening part of language examinations.
- Writing Booster Class
This course improves students’ writing performance through a topic-based and task-based approach. The use of engaging topics motivates learners to brainstorm ideas and critically consider their arguments, before putting them in writing. The course aims to review various writing types and offer techniques to improve their writing skills.
At exam level, learners are further familiarised with the writing tasks asked at language examinations and apply the techniques taught through exam writing simulation.
- Reading Booster Class
An ideal course for improving reading comprehension skills. Learners are presented with a wide variety of text types, through which they improve their reading comprehension and they acquire the ability to recognise different text types, such as journals, scientific articles, newspaper articles, as well as various literary genres. Throughout this course, learners consider the use of each type of reading text in everyday life and how they can best understand it.
At exam level, learners are further familiarised with exam-type reading comprehension tasks and they apply the techniques taught in exam simulation reading comprehension tasks.
The lessons are carried out by experienced teachers and alongside with the German language our pupils are also taught about the German culture.
Exam Prep pupils acquire all the necessary skills to take the Goethe Institut German language certification exams (Goethe-Zertifikat).
Start at an early age
Give your child an early start in the language