French for children aged 4 – 5. This programme is an introduction to French as a foreign language. Through a fun and interactive learning environment the students become familiar with the language using educational materials, adapted to the young age of the students.
Children also learn to recognise the French alphabet and sounds, colours, numbers and basic vocabulary from their immediate environment through creative activities.
The aims of the pre-school programmes are:
- Socialising and interacting with other children and teachers
- Encouraging social skills, responsible behaviour and respect through team play
- Cultivating the child’s emotional development through cooperation, acquiring a positive image of themselves, as well as developing mutual relations of trust and self-independence
- Reinforcing the correct attitude towards learning: Students learn to listen to instructions and focus on activities directed towards developing their attention span
- Familiarising children with the sounds of the French language through oral class interaction and nursery rhymes
- Developing basic language skills
- Learning fine motor skills and familiarisation with arithmetic
French for children 6 – 8 years old. Children learn to recognise the letters of the French alphabet, acquire every day vocabulary related to their immediate environment and are exposed to language structures through creative activities. Our teaching method combines various educational means, making children immediately acquire the language.
Our teaching method includes:
- Enriching pupils’ general knowledge by learning about the world around them, through Content & Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Use of both books and e-books
- Use of Information Technology in a safe and monitored online environment
- Specially designed Phonics lessons to help improve pupils’ pronunciation
- A fun, fully-interactive way of teaching
- Educational tools to help children learn the basics in coding and robotics, as well as carrying out problem-solving tasks in French
The aims of the French as a foreign language courses for children 6 – 8 years old include:
- Writing short, simple words
- Reading short, simple sentences and texts
- Differentiating between sounds and understanding spoken French
- Counting numbers and arithmetics (addition, subtraction)
- Learning about natural phenomena and animals in real or virtual environment
- Learning about time and space (seasons, weeks, months, dates, telling the time)
- Learning about the French culture and civilisation through Arts and Crafts
French for Pre-Teens and Teenagers 9 – 16 years old. Pupils learn the language in a welcoming environment, conducive to learning.
Lessons are carried out in the English language, using materials and books containing contemporary topics, relevant to pupils’ ages. The books we use all come with digital material, accessible both at the school and at home through a secure online platform, safe for use by young learners and teenagers alike. Its content includes an online workbook, educational games, extra activities for additional practice, online tests and many more.
Our programme aims to:
- enrich the learners’ vocabulary
- improve their written and oral communication
- offer a deep understanding of the language
- strengthen learners’ self-confidence
- enrich their general knowledge through specially designed CLIL (Content & Language Integrated Learning) content, based on real life and the real world
- familiarise learners’ with science through inquiry-based learning using STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in French
- develop presentation and public speaking skills (Presentation & Debate Skills) through Projects
Exam Preparation Courses for the DELF and DALF Examinations of the Institut Français de Grèce
Pupils at Rethink Education can attend exam preparation courses for the DELF & DALF examinations administered by the Institut Français de Grèce
The French Exam preparation courses are for learners who wish:
- To certify their knowledge in French for basic, every day use (DELF A1 & A2)
- To certify their ability to communicate both in spoken and written French in a wide range of topics (DELF B1 & B2)
- To certify their advanced knowledge in French and their ability to communicate both in spoken and written French in abstract topics (DALF C1 & C2)
All Exam Prep students are highly trained to acquire the necessary language skills needs to succeed in the exams by receiving on-going feedback and advice from our experienced French teachers.
Along with their experience, we make sure that our teaching staff:
- Have an extensive knowledge of language certifications and exam prep skills
- Have excellent knowledge of the French Culture
- Have taught French abroad and they speak other languages
This preparatory course is for students who wish to take the Greek University Entry Exams (Pan-Hellenic Exams) in the French subject and need to improve their level of French, become familiar with the exam content and format and to strengthen the techniques and skills needed for their success.
A minimum B1 level of French in the Common European Framework of Languages is prerequisite in order to attend this course.
At Rethink Education, learners can enroll in short-term courses (either combined with a standard language course or as standalone courses), which cover separately basic skills in the language.
The language skills courses aim at further development and improvement of specific skills, using authentic materials, dependent on the pupils’ learning needs.
Learners can choose one or more of the following Language Skills Courses
- Speaking Booster Class
This course is ideal for learners who would like to practise and develop their speaking skills in realistic situations, using authentic material on topics appropriate for their age.
At exam prep level, students can further familiarise themselves with the format of the speaking exams and practise using the techniques they have acquired through simulation of the speaking examination.
- Listening Booster Class
The course’s primary focus in to develop learners listening comprehension skills as well as to help them acquire those skills needed both in real-life and during the listening part of language examinations.
- Writing Booster Class
This course improves students’ writing performance through a topic-based and task-based approach. The use of engaging topics motivates learners to brainstorm ideas and critically consider their arguments, before putting them in writing. The course aims to review various writing types and offer techniques to improve their writing skills.
At exam level, learners are further familiarised with the writing tasks asked at language examinations and apply the techniques taught through exam writing simulation.
- Reading Booster Class
An ideal course for improving reading comprehension skills. Learners are presented with a wide variety of text types, through which they improve their reading comprehension and they acquire the ability to recognise different text types, such as journals, scientific articles, newspaper articles, as well as various literary genres. Throughout this course, learners consider the use of each type of reading text in everyday life and how they can best understand it.
At exam level, learners are further familiarised with exam-type reading comprehension tasks and they apply the techniques taught in exam simulation reading comprehension tasks.
Speak the language
Developing strong speaking communication skills provides students with the right foundations to read and write effectively.
The language courses we offer at Rethink Education give students the opportunity to speak from the very first day.
We help students gain confidence and become highly motivated to speak with ease as they successfully develop their language skills.
Understanding the language means
Contact us for more information about our language courses