Children also learn to recognise the English alphabet, colours, numbers and basic vocabulary from their immediate environment through creative activities.
The English language is the main language of instruction in the classroom and teaching is carried out by qualified teachers in teaching very young and young learners in specially designed classrooms, fostering a safe environment according to European foreign-language kindergarten standards.
The aims of the pre-school programmes are:
- Socialising and interacting with other children and teachers
- Encouraging social skills, responsible behaviour and respect through team play
- Cultivating the child’s emotional development through cooperation, acquiring a positive image of themselves, as well as developing mutual relations of trust and self-independence
- Reinforcing the correct attitude towards learning: Students learn to listen to instructions and focus on activities directed towards developing their attention span
- Familiarising children with the sounds of the English language through oral class interaction and nursery rhymes
- Developing basic language skills
- Learning fine motor skills and familiarisation with arithmetic
Our teaching method combines:
- Enrichment of pupils’ general knowledge by learning about the world around them, through Content & Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Use of both books and e-books
- Use of information technology in a safe and monitored online environment
- Specially designed Phonics lessons to help improve pupils’ pronunciation
- A fun, fully-interactive way of teaching
- Educational tools to help children learn the basics in coding and robotics, as well as carrying out problem-solving tasks through the English language
Lessons are carried out in the English language, using materials and books containing contemporary topics , relevant to pupil’s age. The books we use all come with digital material, accessible both at the school and at home through a secure online platform, safe for use by young learners and teenagers alike. Its content includes an online workbook, educational games, extra activities for additional practice, online tests and many more.
Our programme aims to:
- enrich the learners’ vocabulary
- improve their written and oral communication
- offer a deep understanding of the language
- strengthen learners’ self-confidence
- enrich their general knowledge through specially designed CLIL (Content & Language Integrated Learning) content, based on real life and the real world
- familiarise learners’ with science through inquiry-based learning using STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in English
- develop presentation and public speaking skills (Presentation & Debate Skills) through Projects
Cambridge English Penfriends – Member of the Penfriends network of schools. Helping students communicate internationally.
Exam preparation classes for internationally recognised language certificates with guaranteed success.
Throughout the course of study at Rethink Education, learners’ maintain a high level of language performance through their ongoing exposure to the language, making the certification process a feasible goal and not a mundane one.
Acquiring a certificate comes as a natural process as part of the curriculum, which focuses on the skills that students have cultivated and acquired in previous years, needed to succeed in the exams.
Along with Rethink Education’s method and the systematic preparation of all skills required to succeed in the English language exams, all exam preparation classes include:
- Tailored programme to suit the skills required for internationally recognised language examinations
- Additional, free of charge, support lessons FOR ALL learners
- Virtual Classroom Exam Prep from B2 level and up
A minimum B1 level of English in the Common European Framework of Languages is prerequisite in order to attend this course.
At Rethink Education, learners can enroll in short-term courses (either combined with a standard language course or as standalone courses), which cover separately basic skills in the language.
The language skills courses aim at further development and improvement of specific skills, using authentic materials, dependent on the pupils’ learning needs.
Learners can choose one or more of the following Language Skills Courses
- Speaking Booster Class
This course is ideal for learners who would like to practise and develop their speaking skills in realistic situations, using authentic material on topics appropriate for their age.
At exam prep level, students can further familiarise themselves with the format of the speaking exams and practise using the techniques they have acquired through simulation of the speaking examination.
- Listening Booster Class
The course’s primary focus in to develop learners listening comprehension skills as well as to help them acquire those skills needed both in real-life and during the listening part of language examinations.
- Writing Booster Class
This course improves students’ writing performance through a topic-based and task-based approach. The use of engaging topics motivates learners to brainstorm ideas and critically consider their arguments, before putting them in writing. The course aims to review various writing types and offer techniques to improve their writing skills.
At exam level, learners are further familiarised with the writing tasks asked at language examinations and apply the techniques taught through exam writing simulation.
- Reading Booster Class
An ideal course for improving reading comprehension skills. Learners are presented with a wide variety of text types, through which they improve their reading comprehension and they acquire the ability to recognise different text types, such as journals, scientific articles, newspaper articles, as well as various literary genres. Throughout this course, learners consider the use of each type of reading text in everyday life and how they can best understand it.
At exam level, learners are further familiarised with exam-type reading comprehension tasks and they apply the techniques taught in exam simulation reading comprehension tasks.
The 4 Cs
Our language programmes give pupils the opportunity to develop and improve the 21st century skills they need:
Morning language courses for children 4-5 years old
A full immersion programme for very young learners of English